- camera body (one your most familiar with – buying a new camera for this is NOT recommended – call to talk about it with us if a purchase is necessary), a digital SLR or interchangeable-lens micro 4/3 camera is recommended. Feel free to email us for clarification.
- don’t forget an extra battery or charger
- memory cards
- card reader (that you are sure works with your laptop)
- Two lenses would be optimal. (prime lenses or zooms are fine)
- a medium wide lens from about 28mm at the widest out to about 50mm
- a medium telephoto lens from about 70mm out to around 200mm
- A laptop or tablet that you can load photos onto via your card reader, and organize, rename, and export photos with. Don’t forget its power cord.
- Adobe Lightroom (or equivalent photo-management software that you are familiar enough with to import, organize, rename, and export files with)
(for the Paris workshop only)
- 1 or 2 electrical outlet adapters (only one for the workshop, but a second one in your hotel/apartment may be really handy)
- a U.S. power strip
Non-worskop things for Paris attendees to begin thinking about:
- a valid passport (if you don’t have one at all, don’t delay – they can take a while to arrive in the mail)
- possibly activating your cell phone for international travel and data-roaming
- exchanging some currency at a local American Express office before you depart, not a bad idea to show up with a few Euros in your pocket!